Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Original Texas Pit BBQ


Now I don't know about you, but I love BBQ. And living in Southern California, it is a little difficult to come by, at least its hard to find anything good. I have just been introduced to Texas Pit BBQ, a little hole-in-the-wall joint in Lake Forest, off El Toro Rd. This place has real, good, cheap BBQ served by a no-nonsense waitress in a timely fashion. Count me in. The fact that I was the only girl in the crowded restaurant told me that this was not going to be a dainty meal, and my intuitions were right. I ordered the Hot Beef Brisket Sandwich (for $5.99 including beans/fries and a drink!) and I was not disappointed! Sort of like a BBQ sloppy joe, the Brisket Sandwich took meat consumption to a whole new level. The bread was perfectly light and airy, the meat was soaked in the best BBQ sauce I've ever had (they give you an extra bottle for the table in case you want some for your fries). Even the fries were great! Now for any real fry connesseur, it's all about the balance between crunchiness and softness, and Real Texas BBQ does it right. The fries taste so light and airy, their freshness (and the freshness of their oil) is undebatable. The menu is great, you can cater parties (A superbowl party- or 4th of July would be ideal), or you can go in for a family dinner that won't break the bank. For $22.99, you can get "The Roundup", a meal for 4 which includes a whole chicken, 2 lbs of tri tip, BBQ beans, Potato Salad and Cole Slaw.

All in all, if you're in OC and you want real, cheap, good BBQ, head over to The Original Texas Pit Bar-B-Que, on 24601 Raymond Way, #2, Lake Forest, CA 92630. Open Daily from 11am-9pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment